1. Barbell Curl
This is one of the best bicep exercises that target not only your biceps but also your forearms muscles, giving you stronger and bigger arms than you have ever had. You will need a barbell in order to do this workout.
How to perform this exercise:
– Stand straight and tall as you hold the barbell using both of your hands at a shoulder width grip. It is necessary to keep the palms of your hands facing forwards and your elbows as close to your body as you can. This is your starting position.
– While you are trying to keep your upper arms still, start curling the barbell forward while engaging your biceps as you exhale.
A little tip for you: your forearms are the only things that should be allowed to move.
– Continue to perform this movement until you have completely engaged your biceps and the barbell is at shoulders height. Hold this position for a moment and engage your biceps hard.
– Start to slowly lower the barbell back to the starting position while you are breathing in.
– Keep following these steps until you finish all the recommended reps.
– This exercise can also be performed by using a straight bar attachment which is attached to a low pulley. You will be provided with a perfect contraction when you are at the top of the movement.
– A closer grip may also be used, depending on your purposes.