This exercise will help you work on your forearms and build more muscles using a barbell. Beginners can perform this exercise without any concerns, which makes it one of the best forearm exercises.
How to perform this exercise:
- Find a flat bench then sit on it. Use both of your hands to hold a barbell with your palms facing up. Place both of your hands about shoulder width apart.
- Put both of your feet on the ground about slightly wider than shoulder width apart. This is your starting position.
- After that, start to extend your fingers in order to bring the bar down as far as you can. Let the barbell roll down your hands then catch it using the final joint in your fingers.
- Next, curl the barbell up as high as you can by closing the hands as you are breathing out. Hold the contracted position for a second then release.
- Keep following these steps until you have finished all the recommended reps.