Cable Wrist Curl
You will have the chance to work your forearms muscles using a cable by doing this workout. Beginners are welcome to perform as it is easy and suitable for everybody.
How to perform this exercise:
- Find a low pulley cable which is attached with a straight bar then place a flat bench in front of it.
- Use both of your arms to hold the cable bar using a supinated grip about shoulder width apart with your palms facing up. After that, bring your arms up so that the forearms are facing against your thighs. It is necessary to hang your wrist beyond the knees.
- Getting started by curling the wrists upwards while breathing out. Keep this contracted position for a moment.
- After that, slowly bring your wrists lower to get back to the starting position while breathing in.
- At this point, it is necessary to make sure that your forearms are stationary and your wrists should be the only things that are allowed to move while performing this exercise.
- Keep following these steps until you have finished all the recommended reps.
- You can also perform this exercise while sitting down by getting down on your knees and resting your forearms on the bench. You can hang your wrists over the bench then perform the same movements as described above.
- You can also replace a barbell with a dumbbell.