Air pollution can be a problem anywhere, not just in areas of high population or industry. That is why there are over 2,600 EPA air quality stations across North America. It is important for people everywhere to easily find and understand air pollution levels. Unfortunately, most people remain unaware of their local air quality because the data is not accessible or approachable. Air Lookout aims to change that.
Please Note: Air Lookout currently only supports the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s air quality stations in North America.
• Hourly reports of air quality from the closest monitoring station.
• Know when it is safe to exercise outside.
• Provides a two day forecast (where supported).
• Explore all reporting air quality stations on a map.
• See a ranking of the best and worst cities in North America
• Monitors PM2.5, PM10, Ozone, Nitrates, Sulfides, Carbon Monoxide and more (12 pollutants can be monitored from supporting air quality stations).
• Shows the Air Quality Index in official EPA levels that are easy to understand.
• Provides simple and concise definitions of all pollutants and air quality terms.
• Uses the EPA color coding for the Air Quality Index.
Includes Apple Watch app, Glance and Today Widget.
Access to over 2,600 air quality stations
• 2,367 air quality stations in the United States
• 225 air quality stations in Canada
• 33 air quality stations in Mexico
Data is provided by the United States EPA.